I noted the Keep upgrade to 2.01c included support for path and docpath parameters. Unfortunately, I can't find any information about these parms in the Help file.
I assumed that the '/path' parm would work as it did in version 1.x. To test this, I created a KEEP shortcut with KeepCM2.exe /path "C:\Users\Erin\Copy\ChimeraRPG\"
and expected it to look for (or create) a 'keep.db' file in the specified path.
It sort-of worked. The path specified had other files and folders in it, including a <something>.keep export file. So here's what happened:
- Opened the Keep to as above; this opened a blank database and created a blank 'keep.db' file in the folder above
- Imported the existing <something>.keep file successfully, as a root topic
- The data imported as expected, though the DB name was blank (unexpected)
- The Keep created a Files directory in the folder
- I renamed the blank database using the File -> Rename Database command
- Database renamed successfully
- The Keep deleted everything else in the folder specified except the 'keep.db' file and the Files folder
Refreshed the directory a few times - nothing. Did a 'dir' from the command line (because Windows Explorer is sometimes stupid like that) - nothing. I checked the Recycle Bin - nothing. I have a backup, so I didn't lose anything, but I'm a little alarmed.
First question is what happened and has anyone else experienced this? Is this related to the Keep's ability to reference multiple databases? Last, what's the proper way to use the '/path' and '/docpath' parms? I'd like to keep my database files in my Copy cloud.