Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow, is this place still alive?

edited June 2016 in General Discussion
Greetings,

SRO, maker of maps of dubious quality here. I've popped in today after belatedly realizing I don't see anyone around.

Would these fine halls of forum be living? I'm a bit anxious that I've gone and bought into something deceased.

Comments would be helpful.

Thanks,

SRO

Comments

• Unlike at the forums of some other software companies, I think you'll find that chatter here is at a pretty low level because the NBOS software really runs well. As a result, the usual flow of my-this-won't-do-that postings is very limited. Most messages deal with new things, questions about how to do something new, etc.
  • Ah, so asking how to do an orbital elevator ring and why I can hit "keep me logged in" until I'm blue in the face for no effect will have results then?
  • SirRunOn wrote:
    Ah, so asking <SNIP> why I can hit "keep me logged in" until I'm blue in the face for no effect will have results then?

Those problems are best addressed by sending a report to support2@nbos.com. I doubt that many forum members could answer that. In other words, right question but wrong address.
    Ah, so asking how to do an orbital elevator ring <SNIP> until I'm blue in the face for no effect will have results then?

Being on the fantasy side of the NBOS products rather than the AstroSynthesis side, I have no idea what an orbital elevator ring is, nor do I want to know, putting me in the position of being a reader who cannot answer your question. Maybe someone on the AstroSynthesis side can and would, but if you posted the question on the AstroSynthesis forum, I'm unable to find it. I have my personal doubts that many people look at "General Discussions" very often.

I also have the impression, perhaps incorrect, that AstroSynthesis users communicate much more over the NBOS mailing list than over the forums. But not being a part of that group, I well could be wrong.

Finally, it might be that no one knows the answer. When I see questions that I can't answer, I usually don't post an empty reply but leave the question up to others instead. Maybe nobody knows what an orbital elevator ring is. I have no idea.
  • Yeahhh its still alive,.. :)

Leave a Comment