I managed to crash ScreenMonkey Lite (SML). Here is how I did it: (I've been a beta tester before and I always find these things. :-) )
1. Load up SML
2. Load up a really, really large map.
3. Load up some really large icons for characters.
4. Have one or two people get on and load in some really large icons also.
Note that everything runs smoothly up to this point.
5. Have everyone get out of SML.
6. Try to start up SML again.
7. I get "Out of memory" errors and SML then does not work correctly. What I mean by that is that no matter what you do, SML just gives the error and then does nothing else.
Notes: I have 2GB of ram with lots of memory available. Uninstalling and re-installing SML makes everything work again. Also, deleting the map doesn't do any good. Only re-installing SML works.
As they say of Beta Testers - it's almost impossible to make a program crash proof against idiots because idiots are so good at crashing them!