Variables Passed by AstroSynthesis

Hi There,

I was having a look at using Inspiration Pad to create a generator and wanted to see if there is a variable name for the Spectral Classification to be passed as a variable from AstroSynthesis, along with the existing variables stated in the available documentation.

That then got me thinking about whether other variables may also be being passed; however, I could not find a definitive list, but also no confirmation that the documented variables were the only variables passed.

So the info I was looking for was:
1. Whether the Spectral Classification value is passed as a variable and, if so, what is the correct name for this variable?
2. Are there any other variables passed and, if so, are we able to get a definitive listing of the correct variable names?

Thanks!

Comments

• I looked into this and the following are what are passed into the generator as variables:

"BodyType": The name, such as Star or Terrestrial
    "Habitability": The description (Inhospitable, habitable, hospitable)
    "Population": either "Populated" or "NotPopulated"
    "NameType": This is the style of name, either "Default" (just a numeric) or "System" (make up a name)

And the system xyz positions if its a root body:

PositionX
    PositionY
    PositionZ
    'PositionXPad
    'PositionYPad
    PositionZPad

The 'pad' version of above is the coordinate padded with zeros.

• If you need more, you can certainly use a generator inside a vb script for total control over how things are named.

Leave a Comment