Fractal Mapper 8.10g Update Available

Hi All,

A new update to Fractal Mapper, 8.10g, is now available. The main reason for this update was to make some interface tweaks so that it would work better under the pending Windows 10. Also on that note I am happy to report that FM8 works well on Windows 10 preview builds.

In addition, a bit of extra functionality was added: you can now use patterns with transparency. I know this had been requested quite a bit, so I figured while I was under the hood I'd take a look and see if I could get that to work. The only limit is that the transparency does not work when special effects are applied (blur, textures, etc).

You can grab the update in two ways. Either use 'Help -> Check for Updates' from the program menu. Or, if that doesn't work or if you are still running a very old build without the auto updater, you can download a standalone updater here:

http://www.nbos.com/nox/index.php?action=1001&id=671

Comments

• Is FM still being supported?

• ???

FM is a current product, supported, etc., just like Windows 10.

• I think that question was asked because of the gap in time between announcements or general forum posts.

• Ed has picked up work on FM9 again, so that probably explains why there are no new FM8 announcements. FM8 has been running clean and problem-free for a number of years now, so there are few support type postings.

Leave a Comment