Adjusting mass, humidity, etc.

edited September 2015 in AstroSynthesis General
G'day

My birthday is coming up, and I'm thinking of treating myself to a copy of Astrosynthesis 3.0. I just have a few questions as to whether it is likely to be suitable to my needs. The second question involves adjusting assumptions about the rareness of gas giants in "torch" or LZ-crossing eccentric orbits, about the distribution of masses and water fractions of planets in the life zone, etc.

I'm planning to generate a set of systems around all the nearby stars, and I want the density of naturally-habitable worlds to be as high as I can get away with without becoming implausible. To do that I may want to adjust the rates at which the program produces gas giants in torch orbits, gas-giants in eccentric orbits, planets too small to hold on to water vapour in their orbits, planets to large to shed hydrogen in their orbits, planets with too little water to form oceans, planets with too much water to form dry land, etc. etc. How much of that sort of thing is adjustable in Astrosynthesis 3.0?

Regards,

Brett

Comments

• You can adjust the frequency and types of objects generated. If you haven't already, I'd recommend downloading the trial version to see how the sector generation works.

Leave a Comment