Wow, is this place still alive?

edited June 2016 in General Discussion
Greetings,

SRO, maker of maps of dubious quality here. I've popped in today after belatedly realizing I don't see anyone around.

Would these fine halls of forum be living? I'm a bit anxious that I've gone and bought into something deceased.

Comments would be helpful.

Thanks,

SRO

Comments

• Unlike at the forums of some other software companies, I think you'll find that chatter here is at a pretty low level because the NBOS software really runs well. As a result, the usual flow of my-this-won't-do-that postings is very limited. Most messages deal with new things, questions about how to do something new, etc.
  • Ah, so asking how to do an orbital elevator ring and why I can hit "keep me logged in" until I'm blue in the face for no effect will have results then?
  • SirRunOn wrote:
    Ah, so asking <SNIP> why I can hit "keep me logged in" until I'm blue in the face for no effect will have results then?

Those problems are best addressed by sending a report to support2@nbos.com. I doubt that many forum members could answer that. In other words, right question but wrong address.
    Ah, so asking how to do an orbital elevator ring <SNIP> until I'm blue in the face for no effect will have results then?

Being on the fantasy side of the NBOS products rather than the AstroSynthesis side, I have no idea what an orbital elevator ring is, nor do I want to know, putting me in the position of being a reader who cannot answer your question. Maybe someone on the AstroSynthesis side can and would, but if you posted the question on the AstroSynthesis forum, I'm unable to find it. I have my personal doubts that many people look at "General Discussions" very often.

I also have the impression, perhaps incorrect, that AstroSynthesis users communicate much more over the NBOS mailing list than over the forums. But not being a part of that group, I well could be wrong.

Finally, it might be that no one knows the answer. When I see questions that I can't answer, I usually don't post an empty reply but leave the question up to others instead. Maybe nobody knows what an orbital elevator ring is. I have no idea.
  • Yeahhh its still alive,.. :)

Leave a Comment