Apologies for the delay this week. The release of Bogie's Mapping Objects and repairs of download files that were corrupted by problems on the host's server took a good bit of time. The 263rd Map of the Week is from the second Jörðgarð (TM) Trails adventure on the Fallen Empire Trail, "Draug Hunters." The map shows the interior of the castle complex on the main island of the Misty Spring area. Misty Spring is a large lake that is fed by a spring. The lake is the source of the Fogwater River. Unknown to most, there are sseveral populated islands upon the lake. It is a hidden area, constantly covered by a magical fog.
Much of the old baronial castle stands empty today. The rest has been converted, for the most part, for other uses than when Austamæra barons still ruled and resided here. It took considerable work to restore the castle. Most of it was made possible by the castle island tinker, Melkólmur, and one of the outer island rangers, Erlendur, who turned his refuge into a makeshift sawmill and who made himself into something of a do-it-yourself sawyer. Fortunately, most of the supplies that Melkólmur and Erlendur need were found in a castle storage center, where many of the still remain.
Key to the floor plan
3. Baronial Tower.
4. Conference Room.
6. Wizard's Workshop (formerly the baronial administrative office)
7. Broom Closet
10. Stairway to the Kitchen's Cellar Storage Area
11. Dining Hall
12. Baronial Steward's and Cook's Quarters
13. Spiral Staircase to the Cellar and the Upper Stories
13. Spiral Staircase to the Cellar, the Ground Floor and the 3rd Story
14. The Visitor's Rooms
16. Broom Closet. No longer in use.
18. Baronial Tower
The graphic above is reduced in size. You can get the full-sized floor plans in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (9.5 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.
2. As two JPG flat maps of 1360 x 530 Pixels each (530 KB), available from the NBOS website at:
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next Week: Elendur's Isle