Jörðgarð Map of the Week #318 - Mine Level 6 North

The 318th Map of the Week is from the forthcoming Jörðgarð Trails adventure "In the Salt Mine." It shows the northern half of Level 6, the lowest level, of the salt mine. This level was the heart of the mine in the days when it still was in operation, and it remains the heart of the complex today for its occupants.

Key to the Map of Level 6 North

1. The Salt Flood Underground River. It flows from north to south, in other words from the top of the page toward the bottom.

2. Elevator House. Contains the remnants of the water wheel and the first gear drive of the elevator.

3. Mill Stream. The dams were washed out long ago. The water flows uncontrolled through the channel.

4. Base of the Elevator. The drive gears and hoisting cables still are in place but are hopelessly rusted.

5. Well Shafts from Óðinn's Forge, farther above.

6. Ljuba's House. Formerly the minemaster's house and offices.

7. Supply Shed. Mostly empty.

8. Base of the Great Hall.

9. Base of the Great Hall. The white dotted line shows where the opening to the upper levels of the Great Hall is within the ceiling above.

10. Miners' Barracks.

11. Mining Hall. Only normal rock salt was mined here. There are 900 salt golems in this hall.

12. The Lake of Tears, as Ljuba calls it. The underground salt lake.

13. Two Tributaries. They have been given no names.

14. Dwarven Miners' Hall. Totally empty except for 350 salt golems.

15. Mining Hall with Negative Salt. The salt piles and walls have a pale blue hue. There are no salt golems here.

16. Mining Hall with Positive Salt. The salt piles and walls have a light rose-colored hue. There are no salt golems here.

The graphic above is reduced in size. You can get the full-sized map in two versions:

1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (13.5 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.

2. As JPG flat map of 1360 x 1020 Pixels (700 KB), available from the NBOS website at:

nbos.com/nox/download.php?id=819.

Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:

vintyri.org/joerdhgardh/

Next week: Mine Level 6 South

Leave a Comment