Table shooting blanks!?

Head scratching time - is there any reason why this often delivers a blank?

Table: T-14-18_Enchanted_II
Type: Lookup
Roll:1d10
1–3: Minor Critical Negation
4-6: Minor Decreased Maneuver Penalty
7-10: Minor Increased AT

This is one of the many tables I'm working with but I'm having a problem with ALL of them - whether I run them individually or when I run them all together where a blank result in 1 table compounds the problem.

If I call it in a Table 6 times...

Table: Main 
These are the options [!6 T-14-18_Enchanted_II >> implode]

gives this result if run 4 times:

These are the options , , , , , Minor Decreased Maneuver Penalty
These are the options , , Minor Increased AT, , Minor Decreased Maneuver Penalty, 
These are the options Minor Increased AT, , , , Minor Decreased Maneuver Penalty, Minor Decreased Maneuver Penalty
These are the options , , Minor Increased AT, Minor Decreased Maneuver Penalty, , Minor Decreased Maneuver Penalty

Notice the blanks between the commas. :s

Any help would be greatly appreciated. o:)

Comments

• This seems to work:

T> able: Main

These are the options [@6 T-14-18_Enchanted_II>> implode]

Type: Lookup
    Roll: 1d10
    1-3: Minor Critical Negation
    4-6: Minor Decreased Maneuver Penalty
    7-10: Minor Increased AT

My guess as to the issue is this: !6 is a deck draw, which is not supposed to repeat the draws until shuffled. It's not really intended to be used with Lookup-type tables (a deck is an evenly weighted, 1 chance for per card kind of a thing). Using !6, once a "2" is rolled, Minor Critical Negation us used up and removed from the deck, but then a "3" is rolled - not a new number rolled, but associated with used-up card. Just throws the whole thing off. It might (sort-of) work like this:

Table: Main
    These are the options [!6 T-14-18_Enchanted_II>> implode]

Minor Critical Negation
    Minor Decreased Maneuver Penalty
    Minor Increased AT

But, now you're asking it to draw 6 cards from a deck of 3 cards. So the last 3 draw always come out as blank, separated by commas.

If the @6 solution is not really what you're after, then I'd need a bit more info on the purpose. Selecting 6 times from a list of 3 items isn't quite making sense to me, unless duplicates are OK.

Hope this helps a bit at least.

• Thanks for the response! B)

I thought the only way to deliver multiple rolls was the [!# command so I've changed all my [@# and that seems to have solved the problems so far. :D

The 6 instances in my example above was so I had several results to showcase - not that I was wanting 6 in my final code.

Leave a Comment