My current face-to-face gaming group has stopped playing (people having children - mine are adults now). I have friends from across the country that I use to play with. We have been looking for a solution that will let us play together.
**Skwyre ** looks like it will meet our needs.
Nice to Have List:
- Ability to have preset encounters (map, tokens, etc.)
- Ability to import maps that are PDFs in addition to standard graphic files (jpg, png, etc)
- Simple macros for dice rolling
** We play Hero Games and there are two kinds of damage rolls, Normal and Killing.
- Ability to share media with players
- Inspiration Pad Pro integration so that I can just point Skwyre to my existing set of random generators I created using IPP3.0
- Ability to set up my own server, so I can host my games and not worry about your server availability. Especially if I can install it on the host system where my website resides and I have a ton of available disk space and CPU cycles available to me.
Part of my NOT list (i.e. I don't need these features):
- Character sheets
- Managing the actual combat (i.e. Token A swings at Token B and hits based on dice roll and then Token A rolls for damage and the program automatically updates Token B's stats)
Oh and Please Take my $ soon