Max Map Size?

What's the maximum size one could make a map?

In earlier versions, it was 4500 pixels total.

Comments

• Cilvianus wrote:
    What's the maximum size one could make a map?

In earlier versions, it was 4500 pixels total.

Are you referring to maps in FMP format or exports? Either way, 4,500 pixels makes no sense at all. My FMPs run 1.5 megapixels, and I've exported PNGs with 40 Megapixels. However, I can do exports of this size only on a machine with 64-bit Windows 7 and 8 GB memory. I have two licenses. The second is on a machine with 32-bit Windows 7 and 2 GB memory. It reports too little memory for such exports.
  • Just to clarify for others who might be browsing and unfamiliar with the program, there's no maximum map size in FM. You can set it to any size in any scale (feet, miles, kilometers, light years, etc).

For image exports, I just made a png of of 10,000 x 10,000 pixels.... so you can at least do that. I forget if there's an actual hard coded limit in there any more. I think that may have been taken out in one of the version 8 updates.
  • Well, before, I could make any size map, but the total pixels had to equal 4500 or I'd get an error message.

For instance, I could me a map, 2000 by 2500 or 2250 by 2250 but no larger than the some total being 4500.

Leave a Comment