Accumulated Calls to a Deck Pick?

I'm putting together a random character generator for 5th edition D&D, and one of the things I'm trying to work around is the list of skills. There's a list of about 20 skills, and you acquire them from multiple sources, but they're not allowed to overlap. For instance, if you get the Deception skill from your background, you don't need to pick it again from your class (because you already have it).

Now, the obvious route is to use a deck pick for the skills, but I want to put all the selections together and summarize them at the end. For instance, let's say we have a half-orc barbarian with the outlander background. This gives them the following skills:

• Race: Intimidation
  • Background: Athletics, Survival
  • Class: two of Animal Handling, Athletics, Intimidation, Nature, Perception, or Survival

When it comes to picking class skills, we can skip over Athletics, Intimidation, and Survival -- this character already has those from his race and background, so we can limit the choices to Animal Handling, Nature, or Perception.

In IP, I can use weighted picks to a deck table to pull specific items, but what I need is to have each of these items do their own thing and put it all together at the end. I could use a variable and assign it with, say, [#3 Skills >> implode]. But that doesn't make it a deck pick. Is there a way to make this a cumulative thing, where further calls to that variable add to its internal list? And can you pull a specific entry on a deck table?

Comments

Leave a Comment