A City I created with NBOS

edited February 2010 in Maps and Symbols
I used the Caeser 3 map editor to create a base then I inherited from bitmap and used symbols I found on the web to create a city. I made a few of the symbols myself, using cut and paste from Caeser 3 graphics. When I have time, I'm going to create a larger, more detailed map of the City of Decadence.

http://www.freewebs.com/raloftyr/COD.jpg

Comments

• That's a pretty impressive map. It's he first time I've seen something like that done with FM8. I'm glad you posted it. The private E-Mail exchanges that I've had leave me convinced that many people who have acquired FM8 have no idea of the wide range of possibilities and great mapping power that FM8 opens to them. Your posting is a real waker-upper in that respect.

Suggestion: Do something about the various spots of water. The strong, singled-toned blue shades don't fit with the rest of the map. It creates the effect of water colors being used to perk up black-and-white photos on postcards made a century ago. A more subdued shade of blue with a raster pattern in it would greatly improve things. I suggest the raster pattern because your use of isometric symbols gives your work a strong and good 3D effect, where the water surfaces stand out as being one-dimensional.

Here's hoping you'll post more samples of your work!
  • Thanks. It took a long, long, long time to create that map. It's like a painting. If you make a mistake, you can't go back without erasing some of your work. Once realize that anything with a clear, mono-color background can become an map symbol, then your world opens of to more possibilities.

There's not much I can do to chance the water color; its the color of the water for the game Caeser 3. Also, ship symbols I have won't look right unless I change the color to them as well.
  • Cilvianus wrote:
    There's not much I can do to chance the water color; its the color of the water for the game Caeser 3. Also, ship symbols I have won't look right unless I change the color to them as well.

That sounds like an excellent reason not to change it. Keep up the good work!

Leave a Comment