Please help the noob

OK. Generating a star sector 20 LY cubed takes a really long time, even on a dual-core processor. To cut down on this time, I told the program to only generate star types and names. I still got a boatload of data, but it didn't take forever to generate.

Now, what I want to know is, is there a way to make Astro-Synthesis show only the "Class G" (Yellow) stars that were generated? I want to generate data for those systems, since it is unlikely people will be visiting uninhabitable systems.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• How long is it taking? 20 ly shouldnt take much time at all. I just created a 20ly cube on my 10 year old testing machine, and it took about 30 seconds at a normal density, and 2 minutes for the highest density. On a more recent machine, it took 5 seconds.

You cant filter using the star's spectral type in the interface. You'd have to make a script to do that.
  • :oops: Yeah, I finally figured that out. After 5 seconds, I got a grey screen followed by the message "This program has stopped responding."

I waited for a while, and the program finished the calculations. Vista! :evil:

Leave a Comment