Jörðgarð Map of the Week #402 - Black Fortress Dungeon Pool Chamber

Map of the Week No. 402 is from the forthcoming Jörðgarð Trails adventure "A Tale of 2 Books." This week we see the outer chamber of the dungeon's fourth level.

The door opens onto a dark room about 20 feet/6 meters wide and 15 feet/4.5 meters deep. On the right wall are two stone benches, each about 6 feet/180 cm long. Between themt is a small pool about 5 feet/150 cm wide that is filled with a blue liquid. Engraved in the left wall is a stone mask of a human-like face. On the opposite wall, in the corner and to the left, is the statue of a dragon. Shortly after someone enters the chamber, the lips of the stone mask begin to move, and a voice comes from it:

"Greetings," it says. "I am your host, Teitur. I do not want to appear inhospitable, but I am intensely involved in research at present, and I cannot take time to receive visitors. If you wish to survive, I suggest you turn back. If you are seeking your end, I suggest that you drink from the pool here. It will send you immediately to Hela. It is a more pleasant ending than my Vortex of Entropy, but if you prefer the vortex, continue on into my chamber, and I will take care of the matter quickly."

The graphic above is reduced in size. You can get the full-sized battlemap in two versions:

1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format (16 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.

2. As a JPG flat map of 1360 x 1360 Pixels (640 KB)) available from the NBOS website at:

nbos.com/nox/download.php?id=922

Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:

https://vintyri.org/joerdhgardh/

Next week: Black Fortress Inner Chamber

Leave a Comment