Real Nebulae

edited February 2011 in AstroSynthesis General
Has anyone put together an importable file that has catalogued all known nebulae within 10,000 light years?

Comments

• Nearly a year, no answer. I'll take that as a "no."
  • I think you'd probably be better off asking this in an astronomy forum. I suspect data like that is not readily obtainable in any format, let alone in an Astro friendly format. There's also also several types of nebulae, so you'd want to describe specifically what you are looking for.
  • Well, I figured this would have been the place to ask for Astro-friendly data considering there's already impressive star data for download in the file section of your site. Unfortunately, it feels incomplete without the various nebulae that fill the sky. I'm generally looking for the usual diffuse nebulae, dark nebulae, and supernova remnants that we commonly recognize as nebulae.

There's an impressive list of NGC objects on Wikipedia, if someone just skipped all the double stars and galaxies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NGC_objects

My own math tends to suck and so the methods described here to derive X, Y, Z coordinates blatantly look like gibberish to me.

Leave a Comment