Using Inspiration Pad Pro to generate system contents

Is it possible to create a script that would use an *.ipt file to generate the contents of a system? I'm in the process of writing an *.ipt that creates systems based on the GURPS Basic Worlbuilding rules in G:Space and was wondering if there was a way to populate my systems using the output from that file.

In my mind, I would generate systems only using the Astro Standard Generator then run my plugin on selected systems, or sectorwide if possible.

I just thought since Astro uses *.ipt files for name generation they might also be used for something like that. I know _nothing_ about scripting, though, so I may be eating my foot right now. I've tasted my own shoes more than once in my lifetime.

Comments

• There's an inspiration pad class in the plugin api that can be used to access ipad generators, but that needs to be used via a script - there's no way to use an ipad generator directly.
  • I don't understand. I could or could not use an *.ipt to generate the contents of a system?

I'm not an idiot (usually), but I'm not a scripter, either.
  • You can certainly generate system information with inspiration pad... but you'd need to use a script to get the pieces of generated information into your sector file. ie, you'd have to use a script to, for example, extract a planet's size from the inspiration pad result, which is just text, and assign it as a planet's size in astro.

Leave a Comment