When/do not working

It's one of the simplest lines, almost identical to one of the guide examples. But I keep getting an (invalid conditional) error.
runtil is initializing correctly and has a value, it's normally initialized in a previous table, but it doesn't seem to matter
I've tried changing the bracket types, adding brackets where they're not needed, dropping the $;
I must be thinking too hard about it, and can't seem to see what I'm doing wrong

Table:NextTable
{$runtil={2d5+7}}[When]{$runtil} > 0[Do][@CharChoose][End]

Comments

• The when statement seems to require it to be lower case. Also, I had to remove that first $ for the assignment to work. So:

{runtil={2d5+7}}[when]{$runtil} > 0[do][@CharChoose][end]

• In general, $ isn't required for variables (I guess it was in an earlier version). So maybe it's better to always omit it.

• edited January 24

doesn't seem to matter
    and I've changed the variable name 3 times, just in case there was some kind of conflict with the name
    does it work for you? there might be something up with my install.
    changed @CharChose to test

{runtil={2d5+7}}[when]{runtil} > 0[do][test][end]

• That works for me when I just paste what you've got into an .ipt file. What I pasted also worked for me (as long as I also created a CharChoose table).

• edited January 24

Then it might be something up with my install, or windows is poking into things it doesn't need to

update: created a new ipt with just that table and it works, now to add to it until it breaks. I'll let you know if I was just being stupid, or if it's something else

• And now it's working.
    I don't get it, if I ever figure out what was going on I'll update so others can learn; even if the problem was between the chair and keyboard.

Leave a Comment