FM 9 Premade Maps

Hello,

I have some ShadowDark premade maps. I would like to use the VTT tools within Fractal Mapper to map the doors, walls etc. Can I insert the map as a background image since it isn't an fmp file? Right now it is a JPG.

From that, I would trace the map in FM using lines etc and then input the VTT Doors, Lights etc. Is this correct?

Comments

  • Yep, just do "File -> Place" from the menu to place the graphic on the map. Then you can draw on top of it. Once you get the map placed, put it on a layer and mark the layer as unselectable so you don't accidently move it.

  • btw, for testing I actually did this with the dungeon from The Keep on the Borderlands.

  • @Ed_NBOS that's really awesome! I just did it as a background image as a test. It worked for what I was doing.

    I just watched your video on the new Building tools in Mapper. Will The Keep be getting any updates in the future?

Leave a Comment