lock aspect ratio when dragging objects

Hi everyone. Is there a way to lock the aspect ratio when dragging a corner node of an object? I often want to resize an object and in other programs I grab a corner and the object scales to blow up the item in all directions. I can't figure out how to do this in FM8. I've tried holding down shift, alt, ctrl. no matter what, the object stretches and I have to re-square it by dragging all the other nodes. Nothing locks the aspect ratio when dragging. Is this possible? I know I can scale the object from the menus. I just want to know if I can do it with dragging the nodes.

Thanks,

Bill

Comments

• Berentain wrote:
    Hi everyone. Is there a way to lock the aspect ratio when dragging a corner node of an object? I often want to resize an object and in other programs I grab a corner and the object scales to blow up the item in all directions. I can't figure out how to do this in FM8. I've tried holding down shift, alt, ctrl. no matter what, the object stretches and I have to re-square it by dragging all the other nodes. Nothing locks the aspect ratio when dragging. Is this possible? I know I can scale the object from the menus. I just want to know if I can do it with dragging the nodes.

If I understand what you want to do correctly, I would mark the object and then use Ctrl + Q to get the precise size I want.
  • Thanks Mark. It looks like the scale plugin (ctrl+Q) is probably the route I'll take as well. Placables tend to scale okay with the mouse if you move the node exactly diagonally to the object, but drawn objects skew. I wish there was a way to prevent skewing when moving nodes on drawn objects. Some sort of shift+drag to resize. Maybe a future release.

Thanks again,

-Bill

Leave a Comment