Question about plugins, and adding planets

I noticed today that when you select "add child", and then "gas giant", a generator comes up with several characteristics that are determined by numbers. I notice that some of the characteristics are randomized, while others are left blank (for the user to set). Would it be possible to add a plugin so that all the properties are randomized? Also, does setting those properties effect the planets surface as precisely as you set them?

Finally, I also tried to add several planets with the "earthlike" category. However, each time I did this, it came up with a barren white surface. How does one get the actual earth-like terrain, or can that happen?

Comments

• For an actual earth-like terrain, the mean temp must be between 0 and 100 degree's celcius, it must be 'hospitable' and There has to be a water index. If you set all those, and generate a surface map, you should get a watery surface. The terrain might be desert though, if you set the temp too high.

Edit: There might be some other variables. This is the gist of it however. I've found a planet with little lakes on it which had a temperature of way below freezing (-60--70).

Leave a Comment