Trouble -- saved edit field data disappears

I've been having a recurring problem -- certain (seemingly random) edit fields fill fine in the viewer, but when I save and re-open the file, they've become blank. I've fiddled with the fields in Designer, but can't seem to solve the problem. Any advice?

Also -- is it possible to fill one field and set up other fields to fill in that same data in other places on the sheet -- like filling in the "Character name" and having that show in the "Character name" fields on pages two and three, for example.

Comments

• I've been having a recurring problem -- certain (seemingly random) edit fields fill fine in the viewer, but when I save and re-open the file, they've become blank. I've fiddled with the fields in Designer, but can't seem to solve the problem. Any advice?

Sorry. I think you'll have to ask Ed on that point
    Also -- is it possible to fill one field and set up other fields to fill in that same data in other places on the sheet -- like filling in the "Character name" and having that show in the "Character name" fields on pages two and three, for example.

Sure.

1, Click the source field - "Character name" in your example - with the right mouse key.
    2. In the context menu, click "Edit text." That will open a dialog box named Edit Label / Field.
    3. Write down what the field name is. Just so that we have an example, let's assume that you've named this field "txtCharacterName."
    4. Close the dialog box.
    5. Click the field to which you want to assign the character name with the right mouse key.
    6. In the context menu, click "Edit text." That will open a dialog box named Edit Label / Field again.
    7. In the field named "Field source:" enter - as an example - txtCharacterName.Text. The new field also will contain the Character Name.

If you want to do more, you can. For instance, if you want to say that the character, by name, is a dork, you could enter:

txtCharacterName.Text + " is a dork."

Leave a Comment