Saving as .PDF?

Hi, I am new at this and I have a question.
If I want to print my sheet on another computer that doesn't have Character Sheet Designer, what do I do then? Can I somehow publish it or can I save it somehow like a .pdf or something?
Thank you!

Comments

• Click File/Export and pick the format you want.

If you want a PDF, download a freeware program like PDF Creator (there are several others) and convert it to a PDF.
  • I can't export. I can't klick File: Export, there is nothing there. And PDF creator doesn't wan't to make a .pdf file of it.
  • I can't export. I can't klick File: Export, there is nothing there. And PDF creator doesn't wan't to make a .pdf file of it.

How about a little more information on the problem?

When you click the menu option File and then the dropdown menu option Export, you should see a dialog box called Export Map as Graphic File.

Are you getting this dialog box on the screen?

How are you trying to create the PDF with PDF Creator? What steps are you taking to create the file?
  • There's no export in the character sheet designer/viewer. Though printing to a PDF using a PDF driver will work. It wont create fillable PDF forms, but they'll certainly be printable. In Windows you can also use the XPS driver.
  • Ed_NBOS wrote:
    There's no export in the character sheet designer/viewer. Though printing to a PDF using a PDF driver will work. It wont create fillable PDF forms, but they'll certainly be printable. In Windows you can also use the XPS driver.

Sorry, everybody. I thought I was in the FM8 forum. Contrary to what Ed writes, on my computers, PDF Creator and even Adobe Acrobat are unable to turn a CSD character sheet into a PDF. Both return an "Invalid Printer Command" on all three machines here.
  • I never tried it with PDFCreator, but It works ok with PDF995.
  • Thanks for the help, it works now.

Leave a Comment