-JScript runtime error-

Hello I have been making a sheet that takes points form one "box" to add to another "box" (or the other way around) and i keep getting a run time errors. If would be awesome if someone could help me. ^_^

Comments

• ChaosJudge wrote:
    Hello I have been making a sheet that takes points form one "box" to add to another "box" (or the other way around) and i keep getting a run time errors. If would be awesome if someone could help me. ^_^

That's difficult, if you don't post the code segment that causes the problem.
  • Sorry that was a little dum of me :P I put colored boxes to make it easier to see what is going where. I would just like there to be a 0 in Total Points and when i push the plus sign it becomes a 1 then a 2 then a 3... Thanks for the help :)
  • Are you asking how to run a function when a button is pressed? Assign a function call to the source for the button. That will get run when you click on it. See the 'two page' character sheet included as a sample as an example of this.

If you want to use the same function to add to different fields, pass the text field being changed as a parameter to the button's source. You can see that being done in the two-page example as well.
  • O cool thanks... Yeah i was putting
    function TotalPoints( f)
    {
    f = f +1;
    }

when really it needed

function TotalPoints( f)
    {
    f.Text = f.Value + 1;
    }
  • I have another problem. Im trying to make it when the user levels it adds a number to the sum of "Total Points" and still allows me to add and subtract form it, as of right now it does not even show the sheet viewer.

Leave a Comment