Easiest way of moving systems around the map?

Great program. I had an important question (for me) about moving systems around.

I see that I can move them using the Position and Display in Edit Properties, but that is incredibly tedious going back and forward to the menu to get the correct position I want. Isn't there a way I can move selected systems on the map itself?

Using the mouse and Shift doesn't work for this at all unless I want to move things away or toward my point of view. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but the pdf doesn't say anything much about moving things around. I just need to move a system along one or two axis at a time on the map, like you would in a modeling program if you were to move a vertex - you would just select it in top down view and move your mouse left to place it "-20" on the X axis, for example. You could lock the Y and Z axis, and then mouse-move an object along the X axis only. Does AS work like that?

Being able to quickly and easily alter the position of systems is imperative for what I was working on. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it a lot, thanks.

PS - Sorry if this is a dumb question...

Leave a Comment