Importing Planet data from FWE...how?

Hello everyone,
I've recently discovered FWE and Astrosynthesis, and am currently working on a project of filling up a custom version of our galaxy, and that ofcourse includes the Sol System :roll:

Anyway, I've found very detailed FWE maps for all the major planets in our system but I have so far come up short on trying to import them to astrosynthesis. I found out how to create an image of a planet in FWE and import that to astrosynthesis, but I want the actual surface map to be imported from FWE aswell. Might be worth mentioning i'm expanding on the built in sector file of the 20 lightyears surrounding our star, and adding my own starsystems and planets outside of that range in new sectors.

It seems like a very easy thing to accomplish yet I haven't found any way of doing this. I've dug through the help sections of the programs, even tried renaming surface map names and more, but haven't found any way of doing this.

If anyone knows how to go about this, I would appreciate the input.

Torian

Comments

• The 'flow' that Astro is designed for is for it to generate the terrain, and FWE to be used to edit it. So there's not way within the program to assign a different FWE file to use (in v2. In the upcoming v3, this will be possible).

What you can do is 'edit' the surface map in FWE. Look at the file name. And then save your selected FWE file as the same file name that was used for the generated one.

Leave a Comment