Mouseover text disappears

Anyone else having an issue with help text disappearing on mouse over? Sometimes it works, and then shortly after starting FW8 it stops working. And when I mouse over a tool to see what it is, no text appears.

I just upgraded to FW8 on Win 7 - updated to the latest version, everything else works fine.

Any help would be appreciated. Have not used my mapper program in sometime, so trying to remember what the tools do gets irritating without the help pop-ups.

Thanks.

Comments

• Well I uninstalled - Cleared all registry entries, and rebooted, re-installed and it worked for a bit, then stopped again.

However I found the problem, by eliminated what i did after the help text went away. It would seem running win amp in the background causes the help text to disappear. Odd. Even when win amp is minimized, and fw8 is the focal program. If anyone has come across a fix for this let me know. I like win amp, but if there are no other work arounds, i could deal with a lesser music program while working on my campaign world.

thanks.
  • Elaith wrote:
    It would seem running win amp in the background causes the help text to disappear.

Strange combination, but I wonder if that's really what's causing your problem. I tried the FM8-WinAmp combination under Windows 7 64- and 32-bit and Windows XP 32-Bit. I couldn't duplicate the problem. With WinAmp running, the texts always are there on our machines.

Leave a Comment