as3 - small bodies?

Hi there, i was thinking about upgrading to AS3 so I tried the trial, but it said it expired even though I installed it earlier today and never used it before.

I like some of the other new things in AS3 displayed on the website (are those the only new things anyhow?), but one of the things I wanted was an option for the system generator to also generate smaller objects instead of just calling them "small bodies", not just moon sized objects. Has this changed in AS3, can i automatically generate smaller bodies?

Also I would really like to try AS3 before I buy it. I can try the trial on another computer in a few months but currently I only have my laptop as I am traveling. Any ideas on how I could get it to work?

Comments

• Small Bodies isnt meant to mean a specific body, but rather an indicator that there are misc small bodies (rubble, basically) in orbit.

AS3 doesnt let you specify the size of the bodies to create when randomly generating a sector, but it does let you ask for a higher percentage of planetoids relative to other types of bodies.

Not sure whats up with the trial version. Is your system date off, perhaps? You can run the trial in a seperate VM, perhaps. But otherwise once its locked out, its locked out. On the trial expiration message, is there a code?

Leave a Comment