Bugs in AstroSynthesis?

I seem to be experiencing bugs in AstroSynthesis 3.0:

Red giants and blue giants do not have systems.

All planets generated are unpopulated.

Nebulas and black holes show as normal stars.

Asteroid belts all look the same.

All terrestrial planets generated are either white, grey or brown with spots*, and seemingly unpopulated.
* - that is, apart from one world that was black and thus completely invisible in the system viewer apart from a few grey spots!

I can't find the function that allows you to assign a flag to a system anywhere, or any other way of easily showing allegiances.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• 77topaz wrote:
    I seem to be experiencing bugs in AstroSynthesis 3.0:

None of these, in fact, are bugs.
    Red giants and blue giants do not have systems.
    While there's some chance the generator will add planets to such stars, its rare. You can research why that is.
    All planets generated are unpopulated.
    You probably have population generation turned off in the options, and/or the terraforming slider set too low.
    Nebulas and black holes show as normal stars.
    Thats just the stock display for those body types.
    Asteroid belts all look the same.
    Same here - thats the default model for an asteroid belt
    All terrestrial planets generated are either white, grey or brown with spots*, and seemingly unpopulated.
    The 'available' colors are fairly limited - you're not going to get a hot pink planet. But if you dont like the colors on a planet, you can edit them in FWE.
    I can't find the function that allows you to assign a flag to a system anywhere, or any other way of easily showing allegiances.
    You can set the political affiliation in the properties window for a star, and/or assign a 'blazon' image for it if you want to show a flag instead of a star in the 3d display.
  • Wasn't sure if I should add to this or start a new topic. Went with adding to this one.

Under "Sector Properties", "System Data Fields" tab, you can insert a new property, move a property up or down or delete the property. When you select move up, it moves that property down and when you select move down, it moves it up. The terms up and down might be in relation to how the data is stored, but I would think that most users would expect it to be for how the data is displayed.

AstroSynthesis v3.01b
  • I have another bug report.

The Natural Language Search, at least via the query builder, does not find Brown Dwarf, Blue Giant and Red Giant objects. The two giant types simply give no results, while searching for "brown dwarf" gives an error message.

You can still find brown dwarfs by searching for "spectral L", and giants in general by searching for "spectral like g", though.

Also, if there are more than about 1000 objects matching the search criteria, the search only shows the first 1000 or so.

Leave a Comment