Import Data to Update Planet data fields

What kind of approach would one take to import modified data for fields of planets?

I've looked at the XML import script, but that a bit over my head. I tend to modify scripts found hear to suit my needs, but can't find one to do this. Funnier still, the help files say you do it with the API, but the API documentation is a joke.

My reasoning is that I grow tired of manually editing planet data for planets that AS3 says are "hospitable" (how a planet with a thin 0.12 atm and 246 K temp is hospitable, I'll never know). Since the random system generator in scripts has no controls other that yes or no to population, I've been exporting my planets to excel and making changes to the data. Getting the data back into AS3 in bulk is the problem.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• (how a planet with a thin 0.12 atm and 246 K temp is hospitable, I'll never know).

See the glossary. Compared to an airless moon, .12 atm and -30F (along with acceptable gravity) is very hospitable.
  • Anyone else?

I'm sure you mean well, Ed, but that was less than helpful. Why not give us some proper documentation for the API? Give us some insight into the different generators in scripting (I know of two, are there more?). Can we edit the criteria for hospitable planets? If plugins are supposed to extend the usage of AS, then help out.
  • Does anyone know how to make the built-in API generators produce Earth analogs?

Ed added the terraforming slider to the program, but is it accessible via scripts?

Leave a Comment