Code Fail, Checkboxes and a Noob

Rather than necro a post from over a year ago...
Also, I will state now that my brain sort of... jumps around. Feel free to utterly ignore me if it makes no sense!... Inc Many Questions!

I am trying to put together a character sheet for a bit of a homebrew system I have been working on. Loving the program and overall can make it look like I want it to... right up until I start having it apply script in the background. Now, I am by no means competent with scripting. So as of posting this I am going to be redoing it from scratch as I learn what is what.

While the title directs about Checkboxes, the first thing I encounter are Lists. My assumption is that it goes as follows
1) Make List
2) Make an Editable Text Box
3) Assign List to Text Box
4) Set a Value? (in my case Class.Value ?) that can be grabbed by javascript to edit other parts of the sheet.

Here is why I need this. Different classes determine different stats the same way for one, for two it would make it easier to have the sheet adjust itself to the class rather than pass out individual sheets to the players altogether.

Example of what I mean: the "None" option of the class has a maximum of 16 to their characteristics, but with a class chosen, that class attribute is bumped up by 2-4. My brain says that I should us a If X do Y to make the cap adjust but for whatever reason the example I see using chkboxes in an older thread here just fails utterly for me, and as whatever X is having a lot of impact on what the overall sheet says and does I suppose it is the first stop along the way.
Do I need to set the Value in the script section itself or is that already done once Source has been filled in with something?
To the code wizards reading this, I am sorry if this seems a very mundane question but I just can't seem to wrap my head around writing script from scratch >.<

Comments

Leave a Comment