Will this character sheet work for my needs?

First off I am somewhat a newb to Javascript though I have some experience in creating the system I use in Maptools and working with Adobe Acrobat over the last couple months. I am learning as I go, through the querying of other professional "scripters". I am currently creating an automated character sheet for HARP in Adobe Acrobat and it has some features that are really useful. Adobe uses Javascript but it is slightly enhanced as they put it and call it Acroscript. To be honest though I would rather create this character sheet (though I am almost done) in Javascript which by proxy means using your sheet. I have a few questions before I attempt to start this project in the NBOS character sheet.
1. Does this character sheet support dropdown boxes?
2. Does it support "Buttons" that have scripts attached to them?
3. Does it support "Document Level Scripts" that I can create for other scripts throughout the sheet to reference?
4. Is it possible to create "pop-up" text boxes that will have instructions on them? I am still trying to figure out if I can do this in Acrobat.
5. Is it possible to create text boxes or other objects that will not print?

Bruce

Comments

• Yes to 1-3, no to 4, 5... sort of. You can hide pages from printing, so you can make non-printable worksheets.

Its a free program... so probably easiest just to try it out.
  • I have already downloaded the program. I am currently still working on the Acrobat sheet as it is out to be more dynamic and comprehensive as time goes on.
    I know once I start using this program I will be checking in on these forums with questions and requests for help. I hope you people are ready for me....lol.

Is there a tutorial I can go through that will help me out before delving into this program?

Leave a Comment