List Reference/Callback

I'm trying to make a character sheet with race-dependent classes and class-dependent subclasses. I've got my lists and fields all set up, but what I can't figure out is how to make it change which list is displayed when the previous field/list is updated. For example, when the 'Earth' race is chosen, I want to list 'Plant' and 'Rock' as classes, but when 'magic' (placeholder until I come up with a better name) race is chosen, I want to list 'Elemental Mage' and 'Celestial Mage' as classes. And when 'Elemental Mage' is selected as a class, I want 'Fire', 'Water', etc. listed as subclasses, but when 'Celestial Mage is selected as a class, I want 'Solar' and 'Lunar' to be listed as subclasses.

I also want to choose which weapon list to display based on both class and level, as well as display/show a spell list based on class and choose which list to display based on subclass.

Does anyone have some suggestions? I'm not very good at javascript, but I can make a JS entry if I'm told which function to use, so that's not a problem.

Thank you.

Comments

• You would need to use an Update event in javascript to set the new list name for the fields. In the update event, you'd look at the value of the field in question and change the list names of the other fields accordingly.

Leave a Comment