Battlegrid

I am trying to make an area that I can break down into the typical 1" grid 8x10 page. My problem is that, while it is easy enough to create town maps, campaign maps, and continent maps, I don't know how to make small dungeon maps. Is there any tutorials out there that tell how to build walls, put in floors at the right scale, etc. I'd really like some help with this if possible. Thanks.

Comments

• Go to:
    Map->Map Setup

There you can choose the map size. For example, if your game uses 5 feet squares you can set the map size to 40 feet by 50 feet.

Next go to:
    Map->Grids

Here you can set the grid to squares and the width and height to 5 feet.

Turn on "snap-to square grids" under the map menu while placing corridors, rooms, etc. I recommend turning it off while placing map symbols.

When you go to print there is an option for 1 inch squares.

The FM8 quick star tutorial gives some good tips in underground maps->dungeons a go-go. You can also find good info for making walls in techniques->special effects->raised walls.
  • 1. Open up the NBOS web site (http://www.nbos.com).

2. Click the menu item Resources.

3. Go to Items in the middle of the page.

4. Click Page No. 5.

5. Download the item "Fractal Mapper Tutorial PDF 18.38 MB"

Outside of a lot of details on raster mapping, you'll find everything you need to know about FM8 in this excellent, easy to use and easy to understand tutorial. Our group is creating a new tutorial for raster mapping that should be available (free) before the end of the year. It will pick up where the NBOS tutorial above leaves off.

Leave a Comment