PortForward.com

http://www.portforward.com/

Emryys made mention of the following site, which shows step by step instructions for manually setting up port forwarding of what looks like nearly all router types.

Select your router and follow the instructions for forwarding for Apache. Only, instead of forwarding both ports 80 and 443, you only need to forward port 10015 (or whatever you have SM set to listen on).

Before attempting manual port forwarding, you might want to try enabling Universal Plug and Play on your router to see if SM can configure it automatically.

Comments

• I purchased the PFConfig Tool from PortForward.
    As Ed well knows I had a problem with getting my Screenmonkey to work properly through my old D-Link DI-604.

Now I have no problems!

My Smile is no longer crooked, I have lost of money and cars, and more girlfriends than I can shake a stick at... my life has changed with PFConfig!

No, seriously...
    Yep I recommend using this tool if you have any port-forwarding complications. I use it to open ports for Webcasting and all kinds of things like that.
  • Richard wrote:
    My Smile is no longer crooked, I have lost of money and cars, and more girlfriends than I can shake a stick at... my life has changed with PFConfig!

No, seriously...
    Yep I recommend using this tool if you have any port-forwarding complications. I use it to open ports for Webcasting and all kinds of things like that.

Well, good. I'm not interested in paying $30 to get Screen Monkey to work. I'll write off Screen Monkey before I do that. We were considering recommending Screen Monkey in our books, but after an hour of problems, I think this is too complex to dump on people who don't have the good luck of having a system where SM can configure automatically.

Leave a Comment