Source code login screen?

Obviously I'm trying to get this program working for some friends of mine to start playing... and until today it had worked for everyone save for one person... that one person couldn't log into the session everytime he clicked on the name of the session in the announcements page all it would load fro him was the source code... nothing for him to click or to log in with... and just today it started doing the same to me. it happens when i try going to the NBOS website to the announcements and when i try lauching the player interface from the program itself all i get is the html code everytime if anyone has any experience with this problem please let me know what to do to fix it... i'm gonna put a copy of the page I'm getting below this just in case it helps somehow.

<html>
<head>
<title>Welcome to Forgotten Realms</title>
</head>
<style>

[... rest trimmed by mod]

Comments

• Sounds like something in the browser changed. Possibly an update to the browser. You havent mentioned what browsers everyone is using, but I'd recommend trying different ones (ie, use Firefox if on IE, or Chrome if on FF... that sort of thing). If on IE, you can also try toggling compatibility view.
  • I've been running into this issue as well, many of my players have been having issues when attempting to connect via Firefox, getting a mess of HTML in the process. Switching to Chrome or IE results in everything working fine, but since it's not an issue I myself am facing, I can't give a good and proper report of the issue. Seems like Firefox did something to no longer read the HTML properly. Shame, really.
  • A friend of mine had a similar problem with a completely unrelated web app recently, so I'm leading towards it being related to a browser update. It may be expecting some specific response headers that SM isnt sending back. If I can find what they are, I can add them in.
  • This was something to do with the latest Firefox updates. I've made some changes to SM which appear to take care of the problem. I'll have a download available in a week or so.
  • And by within a week, I meant right now :-)

This is SM Lite - I can make a new build of the full version if anyone needs it.
    http://www.nbos.com/nox/index.php?action=1001&id=406

This is a testing release, so if you encounter any problems let me know.
  • Many of my players have been having issues when attempting to connect via Firefox, getting a mess of HTML in the process. Switching to Chrome or IE results in everything working fine, but since it's not an issue I myself am facing, I can't give a good and proper report of the issue. Seems like Firefox did something to no longer read the HTML properly. Shame, really.

Leave a Comment