Alein API

The download version of the Alien API doesnt seem to work for me on Win7. It opens up but when I click on anything there is no discription etc. I finally noticed that you have a web version that I am using now.

Comments

• I guess this is the web version? http://www.nbos.com/support/docs/AlienAPI/

I'm not entirely sure how we're supposed to be able to make plugins with "documentation" that's this unhelpful - the vast majority of entries have no text description or examples! Is there some other, more complete version that I'm missing? I don't even know where to begin with this. Heck, the last time it was updated was six years ago.

Elsewhere here Ed_NBOS said:
    There's no intro doc other than whats in the API. The best bet is the sample scripts. It is complicated... but Astro is a complicated program.

But that's not really a helpful response. I know I could have a look at the sample scripts (which is what I'm having to do) but they don't necessarily have what I want to do in them, and that sort of response is hardly going to encourage people to make their own plugins. Sorry for the rant, but this is just really frustrating!

Leave a Comment