Question about this awesome looking program!

edited November 2013 in Fractal Mapper General
Hello and I am not sure that this has been asked yet. I looked for answers for my question and didnt find it so thats why I am here.

Is there a way to use this mapping tool to create an entire fantasy world by linking multiple maps together. Meaning to have many smaller maps linked together to make one continent or entire world?

Thank you very much for your time!
David

Comments

• Anyone? hehe
  • Yes, FM has a hyperlinking tool that can be used for what you describe. When I link maps, I tend to only put links on text objects, this way you know what can be clicked on.
    Hyperlinking
    You can hyperlink Fractal Mapper maps together, allowing you to create interactive atlases. Each object on your map can be assigned another map as a link. When you click on that object with the link tool, the linked map is displayed. In addition, other types of files, such as PDF’s , spreadsheets, or even URL’s, can be linked to. When one of those links is clicked, the file is opened up in it’s application (or a browser window is opened and the web site navigated to, in the case of web links).
  • Thanks for your reply, I think I explained myself wrong.

What I was looking to do is make one map, then be able to make another map to the north, south, east or west of the map I just created and then connect the two maps together to make a larger map. and then so on and so on until I complete an entire map or world.

Thanks
    David
  • david wrote:
    What I was looking to do is make one map, then be able to make another map to the north, south, east or west of the map I just created and then connect the two maps together to make a larger map. and then so on and so on until I complete an entire map or world.

As far as I know, the answer is no. Ed might know how to do it. However, the closer the view of more local maps, the more detail they have. When you want to make a world map, these local areas can't afford to have so much detail inside of the world map. Therefore, I'd suggest that you ponder the linking system that Ed described. I think that you'll find that it produces a better end result than the system that you want to use.

Leave a Comment