Deleting satellites of rotation=0 worlds

Hi all - longtime AS user here with zero programming ability and a few gripes about AS planet generation.

Specifically, I note the programme routinely generates satellites for worlds with rotation=0, i.e. tidelocked. I don't think this is plausible, although I'm no astrophysicist. This clutters up sectors with lots and lots of worlds that "shouldn't" be there. It also tends to throw up hospitable satellites of tide-locked gas giants in close orbits to red dwarfs, which is why I noticed the issue in the first place.

So I'd like a script that could go through a sector and delete all satellites of worlds with rotation = 0 (but keep the parents).

AS also generates satellites for worlds with nearly tide-locked worlds i.e. very long rotation periods. So it would be good to be able to delete satellites of worlds with rotation longer than some cut-off; let's say 100 hours, just to pick a number.

Grateful for any assistance anyone can render.

Comments

• As a physicist, you will find that most moons of gas giants will be tidally locked unless they are A) fairly large, B) recently captured or C) are in a far orbit.
    As for a script to locate and remove these, I don't have a clue. Good luck!
  • Apologies, I wasn't clear.

I want to get rid of satellites of parents where the parent itself is tidelocked, e.g. a gas giant in a near orbit. I don't believe tidelocked worlds should have satellites.
  • I should be the one apologizing. You were perfectly clear. I shouldn't post when I'm REALLY tired.
    I DO think very small satellites for tidally locked worlds are possible but not as common as the random generator creates them.
  • The problem is that "rotation - 0." It should equal the period of revolution around the parent body.

Leave a Comment