Question regarding travel calculator

Hi there,

I was wondering how the travel calculator measures distances between two system components. Is the date considered, meaning that the distance changes between say earth and mars? Or is it a fixed value?

THX,

Troedel

Comments

• A follow-up question:

When using the acceleration (g or M/s^2), does the calculator take into account the turn around and deceleration? Or is it straight thrust the whole way?
  • Yes and Yes. For the second, this is for when an accelleration is chosen, as opposed to a fixed speed.
  • Hi,

I just installed the trial version of AstroSynthesis and was playing around with
    the travel calculator (using the local sector map). Reading the previous replies,
    and a post about AS not being a sim, does AS keep track of the positions in the
    orbit at a particular time (when set by the Set Sector Date)?

I just set the Sector date to today and did a travel calculation from Earth
    to Saturn->Titan. At 0.000054 c, I get 2 yrs 312 days. (With that hyperlight
    travel, I get 81 minutes and some seconds in change). Is the relative positions
    in the orbit taken into account, or is it an average?

Also, with regards to the intersystem hyperlight travel, what kind of 'propulsion'
    system was used to calculate this?

Thanks!

Ed
  • The positions of the bodies at the current sector time are what are used when calculating travel times. It does not try to adjust for changes of positions during travel. For inter-system hyperlight, I believe its just % of c.

Leave a Comment