Cannot Make Lookup Work

Hi,

I am trying to put together a character sheet for the British RPG 'Dragon Warriors' and am running into a repeated problem with using the Lookup command to draw data from a table. For the life of me, I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

I've no idea if anybody is actually active here, but in the hope they are (I can't find anywhere else to ask, either), I'm asking for some help.

What I have done so far can be downloaded at:

http://www.libraryofhiabuor.net/DWsheet.rar

The last page (Calculations) is where I have the problem. There are a couple of fields of different type there, simply because I've become confused enough trying to make this work that I am not quite sure if I should be using a Text or Label Field at this point.

What I am trying to do is simple - on the first page of the sheet (Worksheet), a user can select a score for Strength (StrengthValueInputted).

I want to use this score to access the CSV file called StrengthBonuses to extract the StrengthAttBonus that goes with that selected Strength score.

I have used the syntax: Lookup('StrengthBonuses', StrengthValueInputted.Value, 'StrengthAttBonus') for the fields on the Calculation page, but it's not working.

In particular if a Strength Score of 3,4,5 is inputted, a value of -2 should be returned. For 6,7,8, a value of -1, For 13,14,15, a value of 1, for 16,17,18 a value of 2.

But nothing seems to happen.

If I can just get this licked, I think everything else is straightforward enough, but I have to do this type of call about ten times to get anywhere, and I can't even make it work once yet.

Thanks for any help.

(note, some fields may look odd, as on my own computer, I'm using a specific font that most DW players can be expected to have, but most people won't have).

Comments

• Well, I solved my initial problem, but now I have others.

Is there any forum where this software is being actively discussed that anybody knows of? It seems like such a great idea and I'd love to make it work.
  • Mind telling me how you solved this? Every once in awhile (and currently ) I have a lookup that just REFUSES to work for some reason...
  • Mind telling me how you solved this? Every once in awhile (and currently ) I have a lookup that just REFUSES to work for some reason...

Turns out my issue wasn't as solved as I thought it was.

The problem for me seems to be that certain CSV spreadsheets that I can't find any errors in, aren't being read properly by NBOS Character Sheet Designer and I don't know why at this stage.

Leave a Comment