IPad Table Inconsistent between FractalMapper8 and IPad Pro

I have a relatively simple plugin, which is modified from the random city plugin that came with Fractal Mapper, It generates a random city icon, and name from a custom Inspiration Pad Table. The issue is in the "translation function" in my table, when used through IPadPro 3 it works properly, when used in my plugin the translation is always "0". The table is slightly complex, using a variable to accumulate the translation, and I can only assume there is some inconsitency either between how variables are handled in FM8 & IP3, or table syntax between the two.

Any ideas what is causing this, and if it is fixable, and if it is how to do so?

A stripped down version of the plugin and table that has the same issue.
Plugin:
sLang = "Dwarf"
Dim ipad, sDir, sTable

sDir = GetMapperDir() & "Plugins\InspirationPadTables"
	sTable = sDir & "\" & sLang & ".ipt"

ipad = CreateIPadTable( sTable)
	ipad.Go(1)
	RandomTownName = ipad.GetResult( 0)
	msgbox RandomTownName

Table:
Table: MyDwarfCity
[[!NameStart][!NameEnd]  >>Proper] ({translation})        
Table: NameStart
alf[translation=={translation} [#translateStart]]

Table: NameEnd
drukafaren[translation=={translation} [#translateEnd]]

Table: translateStart
air

Table: translateEnd
city

Comments

• After stepping away from my problem, and having come back to it with a fresh mind (and having slightly forgotten the syntax) I looked through the Ipad help file, and found a mention of an older form of using variables and decided to give it a try and it worked wonderfully.

So for anyone attempting to use variables in an Ipad script through FM8, you simply need to prepend $ to the beginning of your variable name where its value is supposed to be used. So my example would now be:
    Table: MyDwarfCity
    [[!NameStart][!NameEnd]  >>Proper] ({$translation})        
    Table: NameStart
    alf[translation=={$translation} [#translateStart]]

Table: NameEnd
    drukafaren[translation=={$translation} [#translateEnd]]

Table: translateStart
    air

Table: translateEnd
    city

Leave a Comment