Saving for Photoshop

I have just purchased Fractal Mapper. My intent in purchasing was to create a map for my fantasy books, but I am unable to save as "JPG" or open it in Photoshop. It seems to have only 2 options, to save as fmp or "all files" which does not allow me to open it in any other program.

Also, how do I create a strictly black and white map? I do not wish all the options (art) to be in color, since I print in black and white. Am I using the wrong software?

Comments

• katlynn wrote:
    I am unable to save as "JPG" or open it in Photoshop. It seems to have only 2 options, to save as fmp or "all files" which does not allow me to open it in any other program.

You need to use the menu options File/Export and then pick JPG as your format.
    I do not wish all the options (art) to be in color, since I print in black and white.

Export your map as a JPG. Open it in a graphic program and save it as black and white. Don't be too anxious to have your maps be black and white from start to finish. The RPG fantasy market for black and white graphics including maps is diminishing. There are few things easier than to convert a color graphic to black and white. It's a lot of time-consuming work to convert a black and white graphic to color. In a few years, your market may have no interest in black and white maps. If you make color maps now and convert them to black and white, you always can upgrade to color in the future.
    Am I using the wrong software?

Who knows? If you want a cartographic program, you've made a great choice. If you want a drawing or graphics program, you're in the wrong house. Visit the GIMP or PhotoShop.

Leave a Comment