Filter reference Bold not working with the word "Wealth".

I am making a generator using the tables in an NPC book I purchased. One entry is "Wealth" and here is the script as written: [Wealth >> Bold]. Normally it should output Wealth but instead it outputs [Wealth >> Bold] exactly as typed. I can replace "Wealth" with "Money" and the bold script works just fine, but as soon as I put "Wealth" back it stops working correctly.

Did I discover a bug inadvertently?

Comments

• I have discovered the Bold bug that does not work with "Wealth" also does not work with any word that starts with "wea", this includes "Wear" and "Weather".

• edited September 2017

Strange one. It fails for me with any string beginning with "W" or "w". But, specifically it's the [W causing the problem. Just put a space between the [ and the W.

[ Wealth >> Bold] works perfectly fine, and the output appears to remove the leading space. Something in IPP or something with HTML? I don't know.

• edited November 2017

I would guess that is has something to do with the parsing engine mistaking it as a [When] conditional. A space works as Levendor has mentioned, you can also use the escape character (\).

I think I will start escaping text as a best practice. Thanks for bringing this up.

• Thanks! It has been so long since I've been here that I completely forgot about this. I don't even remember what I did to correct this in my generator...lol. I appreciate the help!

Leave a Comment