Keep 2.0 Trial?

Hello.
I am giving some thought to purchasing this program but I see no free trial for #2. Is there one available?

Thanks much.

Comments

• I have taken the gamble on the Keep 2.0 without the trial. While it lacks the bells and whistles that DM aids like "RealmWorks" has, it is quick, responsive, and does exactly what it advertises. The cooperation with Inspiration Pad Pro, NBOS' exceptional random table generator (which they make available for free), is a great plus as well. On the topic of Realm Works, I find it ironic i learned of this program from there.

Any criticism I have is not with the product but with the clear lack of interest the developer(s)/forum mod(s) has with their community. A quick look through here shows very little activity and replies, if any, slow in coming - like glacier-slow.

If you need a good DM tool, I feel the Keep 2.0 fills that very well. If you need a good DM tool and developer-community support to accompany it... not so much. Overall, it's a little pricey (especially with the inactivity/lack of interest that is my perception) but very useful program.

• I also decided to grab The Keep yesterday, after much the same comparisons online.

Also, being into running detail heavy but OSR ruleset games, ease of customization to system was a concern. Realm Works looked pretty but the only functionality that I don't feel like I got (and wanted) was the 'pin system' for maps. Hyperlinking might not be as 'deep' but I can certainly appreciate the control in The Keep. I really don't care about 'marketplaces' because they rarely include Old School games - my experience is that it is usually the fans who produce that stuff (Fantasy Grounds for example).

Plus, I've almost got The Keep working flawlessly with Wine on my Mac. I bought it for my PC laptop that I use at the table, but I do a lot of my map and writing work at my desktop - so having that ability to exchange files is great.

Leave a Comment