Maximum line length

I have a very large generator with a lot of calculations for which the initial table is 24 Set statements followed by 4092 characters across 26 lines (broken up with & symbols). When I run it, it doesn't calculate anything, it just shows the table text without doing any table lookups or calculations. When I crop it down to 4010 characters, it works.

Is there a maximum line length?

I solved it by moving some things out of the initial table into separate tables, just curious about the limitations here.

Comments

• I don't think there's an intentionally hard coded limit to the line size. But its possible there's an unintended limit due to something that the parser is doing.

• I take that back... it looks like there is a limit. I don't want to just remove it until I can get a chance to research why its there. It may not be necessary, or it may be whats keeping Earth's magnetic field in place.

• I know it's pretty easy to run into limits based on variable types. A 4096 character limit would not surprise me. If there is a reason for it, it would be great if instead of just not processing the line, IPP would display something like "Line too long, please shorten to less than X characters".

Leave a Comment