Is there a way to tweak with the Smart Building Tool in order to generate modern and sci-fi cities?

I'm running a couple sci-fi games, one on a kind of futuristic fantasy setting (Star Wars) and other on a somewhat near future setting (Shadowrun).

It would be interesting if I can make some city/town maps for my players, and while the Smart Building Tool does a great job for Medieval Fantasy games, it doesn't seem to be customizable for other kinds of cities/towns.

Is there a way to create a script that would allow the Smart Building Tool to generate random buildings in other styles? Would it be very difficult to create a script to do something similar for these new styles?

Comments

• If you want flat roofed buildings, you can use the polypath tool. It works similarly to the smart building, just without the angled roofs. You can probably find a decent rooftop tar pattern online if thats the look you are going for.

• In case you aren't already aware:

You'll find very substantial material for space/sci-fi mapping in the FM8 versions of the CSUAC and the Dundjinni Archives. You should find suitable rooftop patterns as Ed mentioned too. These are free and licensed for personal and commercial use. They are installed directly ino FM8. If you're interested and want more information, go to:

https://vintyri.org

And check out the options for the CSUAC and the Dundjinni Archives.

Leave a Comment