Calculate Travel Time Questons

Hi,
I have 2 questions about the Calculate Travel Time feature:

When reading the reference guide on the travel calculator, it says that it plots the shortest distance between two points. I was wondering if there is a way to have the travel calculates take into account the routes you create between systems. Ideally, I'd like to have the travel calculator plot a path between two systems along the shortest path using the routes defined between systems. I was wondering if there was a way to do that with the program directly, or if this feature is more on the script side. Later I would like to have it so that certain route types were faster than other route types and it would take into account the speed increase, however, this is almost definitely something I would have to do with a script.

My second question is short. I normally use the calculate travel time feature to see the time needed for a ship to travel from its location to another planet. I was wondering if when you have a ship or a fleet selected as the start body if it moves that ship or fleet to the end body location. That way when I hit advance time, the ship or fleet moves along its path and is at the end body without having to manually change the ship's position.

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• The travel calculator doesn't look at routes, so you'd have to do each segment individually.

To move the ships, that would require a script. There's nothing in astro to handle ship movements like that.

Leave a Comment