How do I register my copy of Fractal Mapper?

It seems to register my copy of FM, I need a registration code. But how do I get one? I bought my copy as a download at e23 - Steve Jackson Games, if that's important.

Comments

• They should have sent you one. Drop them an email and they should be able to send you one. If not, pls send an email to support2 at nbos.com.
  • I triple-checked and there was no registration code, so I will email them, as you suggested.
  • 2 mails and 3 days later I finally got my registration code from Steve Jackson Games, registered my copy of FM at NBOS and got my access code. However, when I logged in, downloaded and tried to install the 8.10f update, I was told that no copy of FM had been found on my computer! Even copying the installer file into the Mapper8 folder didn't change this.

What do I do now?

BTW, how do I use the search function on these boards? With my last search, I generated the following output:

"The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: access area code download.
    You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards."

(I'd tried fewer of these words before, with the same result.) If these terms are to common - how on earth am I supposed to ever find a topic with the search function?
  • Did you install & run FM8 before trying to apply the update? It will report its location to windows when you do that.
  • Ed_NBOS wrote:
    Did you install & run FM8 before trying to apply the update? It will report its location to windows when you do that.

I certainly did, unless you mean if I installed it IMMEDIATELY before trying to update. The message window said that I needed to run FM, so that it could report its location, and that I did, but I did not reinstall it. Well, I'll try that.
  • Zeromaniac wrote:
    Ed_NBOS wrote:
    Did you install & run FM8 before trying to apply the update? It will report its location to windows when you do that.

I certainly did, unless you mean if I installed it IMMEDIATELY before trying to update. The message window said that I needed to run FM, so that it could report its location, and that I did, but I did not reinstall it. Well, I'll try that.

Okay, that did the trick! I hope I do not need to reinstall FM again whenever there is an update... BTW, for some reason the installer never creates a desktop icon, although I always leave that box checked. No biggie of course, but it might be an indicator of a more serious issue.

Leave a Comment